Saturday, September 11, 2010

a new bag for me


I made myself a new market bag this week.

It is such a quick and fun project to make. And of course I had to use some of my new (HR roses and Girl Friday writing line) and old (American Jane mono pez) favorites.

I've made these in the past, but this time I decided to fully line it with medium weight interfacing, and I love the result. It is a little stronger and holds its shape very nicely.

I took it with me Friday morning to my weekly scrapbooking date with my girlfriends. While they scrapbook, I sew and crochet. This week I brought along travel quilts that I was able to finish up for my shop.

And now it sits in the kitchen, waiting for me by the door. I just love it!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love it Angela! I can't believe you used all that yellow pez in one place but now you get to look at it all the time! I bought that pattern awhile ago and you've inspired me to whip a few up - as soon as I have a minute!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Gray and yellow are such a cool combo!

Leslie said...

this looks so fantastic!!! the colors are great. i have this pattern....maybe i should make one for myself. what a great gift it would make too

Twinfibers said...

great bag! I love how you switched the direction of the pez print on the side. :)

Stephanie said...

The bag looks very useful, I would love to make a few for groceries. What pattern did you use?