Friday, September 3, 2010

another one.

I made another mug rug yesterday afternoon. I wanted to see what coordinates with the Farmdale Blossom in aqua, and this is what I came up with. It is such a fun, quick project, easily done in an afternoon.

I used a few of my favorites, like Erin Michaels' Uptown Birds and Tula Pink Ladybugs in pink. The background is natural colored linen, the backing is Summer in the City Blossoms, and biinding is from Denyse Schmidt.

Each piece of fabric is attached using a raw edge applique method, and I included a couple of the pretty selvedges. It is about 6"x9", just right for a mug and a little snack.

Make sure you click on the Scrappy Mug Rug button on the left side of the page. The swap is closed, but you can check out many other super cute ones!

7 comments:

felicity said...

Seeing this teeny tiny ticker-tape quilt caused me to have an epiphany: Mug rugs are the PERFECT way to try out techniques or blocks I've been wanting to experiment with.

Thank you!!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Cute!!! I 2nd Felicity's comment. I'm thinking it's also a way to use little tidbits of beloved fabrics. You sure packed a lot of beauties in there. : )

chris baker said...

so cute!! i have to make myself some of these and testing new techniques is a perfect idea!

Leslie said...

these mug rugs are so adorable....i love the colors in this one.

Anna Joy said...

I love this one!!!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Very cute and so easy with the raw edges. Oh, I want to go sew now!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

These would be easy to whip up for each member of my quilt group at our fall retreat. Now if I could find a few extra minutes in my day :D