Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finley's travel quilt

I really enjoy making travel size quilts in my shop, Raggedy Owl. I thought I'd share some photos of the one I made for Finley.

Fabrics: pink seedlings (Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt), pink gnomes (Munki Munki pajamas from Heather Ross), green Wallflower (Amy Butler), and some flowers from Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet.

Backing: pink dot minky.

I usually keep it with her in her car seat, since it is the perfect size quilt to take on the go. It has been a little chilly the last couple days, so I've been using it to cover her during naptime in her Moses basket.

I love rag quilts, especially for babies. Both of my boys loved the raggedy edges and were constantly playing with them. Finley is already started to run her little hands over the soft fabric.
xoxo, Ang

10 comments:

Leslie said...

she is precious...this blanket is too cute. i think once i kn ow what we are having i will start making the tiny specialized blankets for bassinet/basket, stroller, that kind of thing.

~Niki~ said...

finley is adorable! ~sew is the quilt

Jeni Baker said...

Oh my goodness! She looks like a doll, she is just so cute!

The blanket is cute too ;)

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

That is so INCREDIBLY sweet. I've never made a rag quilt. Is there a tutorial you could point me to? I have a few pregnant good friends :). Also, what kind of fabric are you using for the raggy part?

Alicia said...

It's beautiful! I may need to buy one from you for our next baby, once he/she is born :)

Anna said...

she is too precious! and I totally should have had one of those baskety things!

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a beautiful girl and that quilt is great

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Oh Angela, she is a cutie!

My quilt group makes baby quilts for the Crittenton Home in Erie. I like that you said your little ones play with the edges; I think this will be my project for this year's donation.

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness. Could she be any more adorable!
Love that little quilty! :)

Robin said...

She looks so sweet! And her blankie looks so cuddly. What a wonderful combination. :)