Monday, September 7, 2009

planning for Christmas.

I started working on Christmas gifts this past month. My goal this year is to give only handmade gifts, whether they are created by me or someone else. I am swapping several sets of crochet cloths for pottery by my good friends at The Brick Kiln. I am also making several quilts. I am finishing up the binding on a country apple lap quilt for my mother-in-law, and I just started a framed square quilt for my sister-in-law. I've been working on it for the past few days, and this morning I finished sewing the last block (of 56), pressed them, and spent an hour trimming the blocks... phew.

My inspiration is this lovely mushroom fabric... Isn't it the cutest?

I decided to pair it up with the blues and greens from Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope line, along with just a little bit of her vines from Flea Market Fancy.

My sewing plans for the week? Sewing this quilt top together, along with several new rag quilts and travel quilts for my shop. Sounds like a good week to me.

Are any of you working on Christmas quilts?

3 comments:

LittleGemsbyKari said...

lucky friends and family, i'm sure they'll love their gifts

Di~ said...

Mmmm love those blues and greens!

Aimee said...

I love that blue/green colorway of KJR. Are you putting something in the center of those white squares, or leaving them as is?