Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Inspired.

As I sit here typing away on my laptop, I face a daunting task. How can I possibly describe my sewing weekend trip? In one word: inspiring. But I know that you all want the details, so I will give it a try.

My trip started Friday morning at 7 AM. This Mama of two does not get to experience peaceful road trips very often, so I really enjoyed the ride. Eight and a half hours and one audiobook later, I pulled into Blueberry Hill Inn.

I loved getting to know Heather and Denyse. They were both kind, funny, easy to talk to, and completely real. It is funny... You know how you get an idea of who an artist is by their artwork? That was definitely the case here. Their art speaks volumes about who they both are.

So what did we do all weekend? We sewed, of course. We also dined on gourmet food, shopped at antique stores, visited an art gallery, talked for hours over coffee and wine, snacked on Vermont cheeses... We crammed a lot of fun into one too short weekend.

Throughout the weekend, I made a few projects from Heather's Weekend Sewing book (a tote, a baby kimono, and bloomers) and a improv zipper bag with Denyse. I left feeling feed and inspired, not only from them, but all of the other amazing ladies there. With definite plans to return to Vermont for another weekend sewing retreat...

If you'd like to see more pictures of this weekend, check out here and here. And some exciting news... I have two big giveaway coming up! It involves autographs and fabric, so don't forget to check back this Friday for all of the details. :)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like such a great time - so sad I missed it! Hope you enjoyed VT!

kristine hanson said...

LUCKY YOU!! DId you ask Denyse about bringing back FMF??

Ann-Marie said...

what a cool event! you are such a lucky Girl!!!

Tee said...

What a fabulous opportunity, looks like a great group of women.

Anonymous said...

Oh you lucky duck!!! what fun!

Megan said...

How much fun!! I am hoping to go one day when they plan something on the west coast - although I would LOVE to go to Vermont. Looks like a great group of ladies.

Amber said...

How fun - that sounds like a perfect way to spend a long car drive too - an audiobook! Looks like you had an amazing time!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! What an incredible opportunity! I am so happy that you were able to do this, Angela! (-: