Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Sunday!

Good morning! Baby Elijah (I know, 19 months doesn't really qualify as baby) was up bright and early at 6:30AM. After a little bit of rocking, he was ready to go back to sleep. I, on the other hand, was wide awake. So what did I do? I spent some time quilting, of course!

Christmas quilt #1 is coming along very well. I spent Friday's naptime piecing the backing, layering, basting, and quilting. An awesome green sheet from Ikea along with a pieced row of Katie Jump Rope is the backing, and I decide to shadow quilt this one. Now I just have to pick out the binding.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. It was the last day of the local country fair, so spent the morning at the parade and the evening eating yummy fair food. A couple shots from the parade...

I'll be back this afternoon with the giveaway winner!

3 comments:

Megan said...

The quilt is coming along beautifully!

Zarina said...

Maybe its about time i do straight line quilting. just completed a lap quilt using pebbling FMQ. Check out in my blog under quilting.

Twinfibers said...

The quilt looks great! You sure are getting a head start on the Christmas gifts! :)