Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sewing with Mommy


Yesterday morning Steve snapped a couple shots of Finley and I. She was being a little grumpy and wanted to sit on my lap. I was trying to finish up some Christmas gifts (more on those soon), so she sat with me for a little while. She is at just the right age to do that- sturdy enough to sit comfortably and not grabby. I am glad that he caught this moment, and I look forward to when we can really sew together someday.
Here is a little peek at a project I worked on today. Any ideas of what it is? I was able finish it while the kids were napping, but it was too dark to take any finished photos. Hopefully tomorrow!

And last, I'll leave you with a picture of Steve and Finley. She is looking a little goofy in the earlier pictures (you can tell she just woke up, and I am still in my pajamas), so I thought I'd include this really cute one.
Hope you have a really great Friday.
love, Angela

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Total cuteness overload....

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

So cute! I use to do that with Brice when he was little, too! Sometimes he still likes to sit with me while I sew. And yes, looking way too good for in the morning with PJ's still on. ;)

Twinfibers said...

oh, so cute! I know you will just love having those pictures to look at in a few years. It's really precious!

Amy Friend said...

Cute, cute, cute pictures. I love the gathered pouches and the reindeer is too cute!

Mary said...

Awww, sweet pics! My daughter always wants to sit in my lap while I'm sewing, but she's almost three and it rarely goes smoothly . . . ;-) I look forward to teaching her how to sew when she's a little older!

Sandy said...

that's adorable! I could never do that with my 8 mo old, I swear she has 3 sets of grabby arms...(-:

Megan said...

What a sweet little pea! Lucy is very interested in the sewing room these days, but mostly just pulling fabric off shelves and hi-jacking my pin cushions and rotary cutter!

Meg said...

Cute!

It is funny how fast babies change. My 7 month old is such a pain to hold now. He is always grabbing everything...ready to pounce at any moment.

Amanda Elizabeth said...

*dies of the cute!!!*

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Just adorable - all three of you!

Anna Joy said...

so cute! can't wait to see what those gifts are that you are making! :)

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

You guys are just the cutest!!

Anonymous said...

OOhhhh good girl get on that machine and show mummy how it's done!!
Too cute!
Look out for a little package from me winging it's way over to you right now!!! (Finally).

Me? A Mom? said...

Soooo cute. Every time all my kids are surrounding me and my sewing machine I wish someone was there to take pictures. You'll look back and cherish these!

~Niki~ said...

oh my goodness~those are keepers!

Isisjem said...

Fantastic pictures!

dls said...

The reindeer ornament is adorable as are the photos of your little ones! Thanks for sharing.