Monday, November 8, 2010

a little Christmas sewing

Bee-autiful Quilting Bee - October
Good morning! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours really was, they just go so fast, don't they? I made these two blocks last week for the Bee-autiful Quilting that I am participating in. Tiffany requested trees, log cabins, and/or stars in this beautiful Figgy Pudding fabric by Moda. I ended up with this tree in a log cabin and a scrappy tree.

Bee-autiful Quilting Bee - October

Bee-autiful Quilting Bee - October

It has definitely got me in the mood for some Christmas sewing! After I finish up my pillows this week, I think I am going to be ready to start working on some more Christmas gifts. I'm thinking bags and gathered clutches are on the list for the girls and women in our family.

Speaking of pillows, yesterday I started my first pillow on the list to be completed for pillow week. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have a finished pillow to show you.



Have a great Monday.
xoxo, Angela

12 comments:

aneela said...

Gorgeous!!
But now you have me panicking that the big C is just over a month away!!

Jeni Baker said...

LOVE your pillow so far! Really cute! All my girlfriends got gathered clutches for their birthdays this year! :)

~Niki~ said...

oh I saw that tree pattern somewhere~was it here on your blog? that would make a lovely christmas /fall pillow in my home :)
are your tree blocks going to be pillows as well?

Me? A Mom? said...

yummy pillow, angela!

Anna said...

how cute! love the trees and the pillow is going to be great! have fun making some clutches. :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I knew once you posted your Christmas sewing, I would have to try my hand at one of your projects. Love the clutch!!! It's on the to-do list :D

Diane said...

These blocks are so cute! I have been planning to use my Christmas fabric, but have yet to start cutting.

Darci said...

Oh and when you are done with that pillow please send it to me! I want and need it.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Those weekends seem to go by faster all the time! *grin*. Your tree blocks are so cute and I just love the tree pillow. I've got that one bookmarked over at Cluck Cluck Sew. It's on my ever expanding want to make list *grin*. I just need more weekend time LOL. Have a great week :)

Isisjem said...

Wow love those blocks a lot and that pillow looks fab too. Wish I was on your Christmas list! ;-)

Judi said...

Just love your tree cushion, I really am going to have to make one or several. The colours you have used are perfect.

Anonymous said...

The scrappy tree is such a genius idea!! I luv it :)