Wednesday, November 3, 2010

girl on a swing

I made this Girl on a Swing for the Scrappy Hoop Swap on Flickr. For the first time, I was truly sad to send my swap item to its new home.

I mean really, doesn't she look so cute hanging on my aqua-y gray dining room wall below? I guess I'll just have to make another one.

I really enjoyed making this hoop. I used my friend Aneela's amazing tutorial, which was so fun and easy. I made the entire thing, start to finish, in only one afternoon.

It is a 8" hoop, so it was a little hard to make. The girl's features and details are so tiny! I used linen for the background along with some bits and pieces of my favorite fabrics. The tree is Lush woodgrain from Erin Michael's, and her cute little dress is from Anna Maria Horner's latest line, Innocent Crush. Doesn't the fabric make such a fun dress? I want one in my size. :)

Of course I had to send a couple extra goodies for my partner. Hope she loves hexies and bookmarks!

This little girl has to travel far, and I'm hoping that she arrives safely at her new home.

xoxo, Angela

17 comments:

Anna Joy said...

She is so sweet...I love her! Great job!

Me? A Mom? said...

lovely!

Kat said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable. I wish I were the lucky recipient!

aneela said...

Look at you!!! Every other day you are turning out some extreme yumminess or other........lady, you are on fire right now!!

Love how the little girl is so on trend with her AMH dress too!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

That is so cute :) I love working with embroidery hoops. I just finished using one for my ornament swap :) It's amazing how much detail you can squeeze into one of those little babies *grin*. Your swap partner is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW this is just adorable I am in LOOOVE

~Niki~ said...

lovely~what a great idea with the bookmarks~
I love swapping~but too hate to see them go.

Amanda said...

That's beautiful! I would have a hard time sending her away as well, and to be quite honest, I'm a bit jealous of your lucky recipient. LOL Great work!

Jeni Baker said...

Ooooh! She turned out so adorable! Absolutely love it! Your partner is going to be through the roof!

It's settled I MUST try this method THIS weekend!

Stay warm! :)

Darci said...

She is totally adorable!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Yep, I gotta add to all this love. She turned out great! You definitely have to make another for your wall =)

Katie said...

Love her! I've wanted to make her for a while but wasn't exactly sure how to start. Thanks for posting the tutorial as well.

Amy Friend said...

Very nice! I am see why you had a hard time sending it off. I am hoping to join this swap the next round. I felt overbooked for this round. You know how it is!

Anna said...

just beautiful, it turned out great. I wouldn't be able to send it away either. :)

Sandy said...

you're sending that to me, right? (-;

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I've just used that wonderful tutorial as well! I love how you have made it as a hoop picture. Your tree fabric is quite perfect as is the stylish dress! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Love This! It has totally inspired me. I added it to blog as one of my favorite things from this week!