Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Music to sew by.

If you know me, you know that I love to listen to music. I always always always have it playing through my house, and one of my favorite things to do is watch live music. I especially love to listen while I'm sewing. I do the bulk of my sewing during the afternoon while Weston and Elijah are napping. It is a special time of day for me. The house is quiet, the toys are picked up, even the pets are napping. I get to escape to my sewing room for an hour or two with some beautiful fabric, a cold can of diet Pepsi, and some good tunes. Some of my favorites (currently) to listen to : Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder, Into the Wild), Oasis, Jack Johnson, Cat Powers, Citizen Cope, and Neil Young. Here are a couple great songs for you to check out...





I spend a lot of time cutting fabric and crocheting while the boys nap, too. When I am doing that I love listening to podcasts on my iPod. My favorites are the weekly sermons from pastor John Piper. He is really great, very passionate for Christ. I definitely recommend any of his lectures or books. Find him here.

Do any of you have specific music you like to listen to while sewing or crafting? I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi, my name's Kristi and I just wanted to let you know I totally adore your shop and tastes in fabric! I heart beautiful fabric and love creating things (my current passion is owl and mermaid dolls). :) I started an Etsy shop a few months ago and found the Raggedy Owl and find everything I look at totally inspiring. After seeing your beautiful blankets it makes me want to cut into something and sew sew sew! :) I was wondering were you find your fabrics? I'm new to an area in North Carolina and trying to find a place that I love. Enjoy your peaceful afternoons with sewing, I know it's one of the highlights of my day too. :)
Kristi

Boston Animal Control said...

Loved reading thiis thanks