Saturday, February 27, 2010

swapping fabric

I am in this really awesome swap group on flickr. It is a great place where you trade fabrics with other group members by exchanging ones that you no longer want/need with ones that you are ISO (in search of). I have been in this group for quite awhile, and it has been so much fun! I've gotten to know lots of great people while also getting ahold of fabrics that I love.

Today I added a lot of new fabrics to my photostream that are up for swap. Here's the deal... My family is moving in about 2 weeks (yikes! don't even ask if I've packed yet), and I don't want to bring a bunch of fabric that I am no longer using. So I thought I'd swap them for fabrics that I am looking for.

I am currently collecting fabrics for two coordinating twin quilts for the bunk bed in my little boy's room. My inspiration is from Allison's nursery. I just love the bright, eclectic colors in her quilts and am looking for similar fabrics and prints. If you want to help by exchanging with me, please swing over to my flickr page and see what I have to swap! Here are a few of the many items that I have up for grabs:

Make sure you check out our group by clicking the buttom below. If you love designer fabric, you will love it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...how do you get into doing something like this? Some of your fabrics are so beautiful...I'd love to swap...just don't think I have anything your looking for. =( I'd really like to know about joining though. Thanks!
amkreations4u@gmail.com

Amy Zimmer said...

Hi Angela,

I love your work. It is beautiful. At the moment I am living in Ghana! Yup, you got that right, no kidding. I stay sane by staying connected to crafters via their blogs. I am teaching here with my family for the year. The fabric here is really quite extraordinary and isn't too expensive. Most is hand made batiks, and fabulous cottons. Please visit my blog and let me know if you are interested in swapping. (Sounds like you have your hands full at the moment--I'll be back in the US this summer)
Cheers,

Amy

bianta.wordpress.com