Tuesday, November 23, 2010

crocheting flowers

This time of year my fingers start itching to crochet. Right now, these flowers, or stars maybe, are the only thing I want to make.

My inspiration is here and here, and this is where you can find this very simple pattern. The pink and aqua ones are ready to be sent to two new friends. Now I am starting a couple for me, using some favorite colors.

I also made an oatmeal one for my partner in the mug rug swap I mentioned earlier on in the week.

Alrighty, I'm off to crochet me some stars.
xoxo, A

12 comments:

One Flew Over said...

LOVE your flowers Angela!

They are so quick to hook up, I may have to do some more. Lovely work x

Meg said...

I love your pink and blue ones!

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

How cute are those! I've never seen anything like that before. I should make one for my [might as well be] sister-in-law. She loves to crochet and would love some of these I bet.

felicity said...

Beeyoooteeefullll!

vintagemodernquilts | Lisa said...

These are beautiful! What are you going to use them for?

Lovely photos, too!

Jeni Baker said...

Those are soo cute! I really need to learn to crochet! :)

KimT said...

I love these! Gotta make at least one. Thanks for posting!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

another beauty to file away...

Anonymous said...

I've been crocheting too...I love the flowers! Great idea!

Twinfibers said...

These are awesome! Looks like a great project for a snowy winter day!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Your flowers are amazing!! I'm learning to crochet right now -- these are so inspiring!

andie said...

Stumbled upon your blog last week. I now have it on my list of usual blogs. I have made 2 of these crocheted flowers now. Thanks so much for sharing. I got better with the second one. I have only ever made afghans and so these were challenging and fun and turned out great. They are off to Montana for my brother in law and his wife. I will be making 3 more before Christmas for more gifts. I have been quilting for about a year and needed a wee break from it. Now I am back to it today making a couple pillows for my mom. Merry Christmas!!!