Friday, October 9, 2009

2 Christmas gifts DONE!

I finished up two quilts this week. You've seen some pictures of this first one, and I am so happy with the finished product. I ended up doing the binding by machine, and it turned out pretty good. Not quite as pretty as when it is sewn by hand, but good enough. As you can see, the boys love the quilt and immediately tried to take it over, so I had to pack it away until Christmas.

This second is a tablecloth zigzag quilt for my mother in law. Her kitchen is decorated in the country apples, so this will fit in nicely. Though the fabrics are not my cup of tea, the quilt was fun to make. I used a rail-fence pattern to create the zigzag and then finished the binding by hand.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

goodness those are great! especially love the first one! lucky Christmas recepient!!

LittleGemsbyKari said...

AMAZING! Great job!